City Resources and Updates
Resources for residents to utilize during building closures
In accordance with Governor Charlie Baker’s latest orders, which extended the physical closures of non-essential businesses in Massachusetts to workers, the City of Gardner buildings and municipal offices will remain closed to the public and non-emergency personnel until further notice.
City Drop Box
A drop box is located to the right of the door of City Hall, 95 Pleasant Street (located on the front steps of City Hall). Please use this box to drop off any payments, forms and/or documents that need to be submitted to the City and cannot be transmitted electronically.
Please use this link to make payments for parking tickets, excise tax bills, water and sewer bills, etc.
- The City of Gardner is extending the due date for Real Estate & Personal Property Taxes to June 1st, 2020. Interest will also be waived on excise tax, water/sewer/trash bills with a due date after March 10th, 2020, as long as payment is made by June 30, 2020. Visit the Treasurer/Collector page for more information.
Contact a city department via phone or email. During the state of emergency, the City of Gardner’s staffing resources have been limited. In light of this, response times to emails and phone calls may be delayed. Departments are doing their best to respond to your questions and concerns as timely as possible. Thank you for your patience.
- The City of Gardner is extending the due date for Real Estate & Personal Property Taxes to June 1st, 2020. Interest will also be waived on excise tax, water/sewer/trash bills with a due date after March 10th, 2020, as long as payment is made by June 30, 2020. Read the full announcement here.
Transfer Station Continues to Operate on Limited Hours
- The Transfer Station will continue to operate on Fridays and Saturdays only though May 18th - Fridays 9am-3pm and Saturdays 7am-1pm
- Trash & Recycling will continue on its regular schedule.
- The Economic Development Coordinator has compiled a list of resources for small businesses seeking assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic on this page.
Building Department is Conducting Virtual Inspections
- The Building Department is Conducting Virtual Inspections. To inquire about setting up a virtual inspection, please call the Building Department at 978-630-4007.
- Building, Electrical, Plumbing, and Gas permits can still be obtained online
In order to protect the health and safety of everyone, Fire Headquarters is closed to the general public until further notice. You may call 978-630-4051 for information.
- Routine inspections will resume on June 28th. Please review the COVID-19 Policy for the Fire Department.
- Inspections for life or property threatening situations WILL be conducted on a case by case basis.
- Many permits may be accessed online. Please call us if you need any assistance with online permits.
Parking and Civil Enforcement
- All parking appeals should be filed via the Online Appeal Form or by mail using the Parking Violation Appeals Form (PDF). For questions, please call 978-632-1900, ext. 8054.
Levi Heywood Public Library
- The Levi Heywood Memorial Library will reopen on Monday, June 1st for curbside pick-up of materials by appointment only. Please call the Library at 978 632-5298 or check the Library’s website for details.