Trash & Recycling
For new residents, please contact the Health Department for setting up trash and recycling service.
Curbside Trash Pickup Toter Tips
- Place your cart a the curb for collection with the arrow on the lid pointing towards the street.
- Do not overload the cart*. Any trash or recycle toters that are overstuffed in any manner will not be emptied. Lids must be completely closed.
- Keep the cart lid closed when your toter is not in use.
- Do not store your cart near a furnace, fireplace, grill, or other heat source.
- Clean your cart out periodically with water. Afterwords, be sure to empty all water from the bottom of the container and allow to dry.
Pay as You Throw Bags
Additional Trash Service
What To Do with Excess Trash
If you have excess trash and/or recyclables, you may obtain a transfer station sticker to dispose of the overflow.
**Report Missed Trash
MISSED TRASH OR RECYCLING??? Please call Waste Management's Call Center directly to report any missed trash, recycling or yard waste at 1-800-972-4545. Missed services need to be reported within 24 hours of your regular pickup day. You can also report your missed items online here: Missed Pickup Report
For broken or missing trash & recycling toters, or to make changes to your curbside services, please call the Gardner Health Department at 978-630-4013.
Trash & Recycling Calendar
Curbside Pickup Trash & Recycling Calendar
2020 Yard Waste
April 7th will start the new year of yard waste pick up curbside. Yard waste is picked up the first full week of each month during the months of April -October. In November there are two weeks of yard waste pickup, the first full week and the third week of the month.
- April 7 - 10
- May 5 - 8
- June 2 - 5
- July 7 - 11
- August 4 - 7
- September 1 - 4
- October 6 - 9
- November 3 - 6, and November 14 - 18
- January 5 - 8, Christmas Tree Pickup
The Paint Shed is currently closed. Dried-out latex paint cans with lids off may be placed in your curbside toter or can be disposed of as part of a trash volume load at the Transfer Station (annual sticker required) Other paint products can be disposed of at Hazardous Household Waste Collections Days.