Household Hazardous Waste Collection
Gardner & Fitchburg/Westminster Landfill
2021 Regional Household Hazardous Waste Collection Days Sponsored by Waste Management, for residents of Fitchburg, Gardner and Westminster.
- Fitchburg/Westminster Landfill, 101 Fitchburg Road (RT 31S)** June 19, 2021
- Gardner Landfill, 744 West Street** June 26, 2021
REGISTRATION NO LONGER REQUIRED, Registration is no longer required, however proof of residency (State issued ID) will be necessary at the site.
- Vehicles will be taken in turn, beginning at 9 a.m.
- Fifty gallons of material maximum per vehicle however only 5 gallons of gasoline per vehicle.
- To transport your materials safely: Leave materials in original containers. DO NOT mix chemicals. Use sturdy boxes, not bags, to pack your material. DO NOT smoke near the material.
- Contractor reserves the right to reject unacceptable material.
- For any questions may be directed to Frank Sepiol, Environmental Protection Manager at (978) 355-6821 (Office) or (413) 519-3916 (cell)
|Antifreeze*||DDT||Furniture Polish||Motor oil*|
|Rodent Killers||Art/photography Supplies||Disinfectants||Gasoline|
|Moth balls||Septic tank cleaners||Automotive fluids||Dry gas|
|Herbicides||Muriatic acid||Spot removers/solvent||Button batteries*|
|Drain cleaners||Insect pump spray||Pesticides||Thermostats*|
|Car batteries*||Engine degreaser||Kerosene||Toilet bowl cleaners|
|Creosote||Flea killers||Lead acid batteries*||Rechargeable batteries|
|Varnishes||Chemistry sets||Fluorescent bulbs*||Nickel-Cadmium*|
|Metal polish||Paint: oil, marine, lead, hobby||Wood preservatives||
|Air fresheners/deodorizers||Cosmetics||Medical, infectious waste||Alkaline/carbon zinc batteries|
|Empty containers||Nail polish||Ammunition||Explosives|
|Oven cleaners, scouring powder||Asbestos||Fertilizer w/out pesticides||PCB's (transformers, ballasts)|
|Car waxes/polishes||Glass & window cleaner||Propane tanks, cylinders||Latex products (ex. driveway sealers)|
|Smoke detectors (radioactive)||Latex paint|