The Gardner Public Schools Special Education Department strives to provide an inclusive environment for all of our students with disabilities, while ensuring that families get the support they need. It is especially important that we work together with families during formative years so that our students will grow to be happy, successful members of our community.
The Gardner Public Schools Parent Advisory Council is a volunteer organization that serves as a resource and adviser to parents of children ages 3-22 with disabilities.
- Gardner Special Education Parent Questionnaire
- Special Education Parent Advisory Council Brochure
- Special Education Parent Advisory Council Parent Letter
- Special Education Parent Advisory Council Parent Mission Statement
- Special Education Parent Advisory Council Parent Revised Bi-Laws
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (29 USC 794 34 CFR Part 104) is a broad civil rights law designed to protect the rights of individuals with disabilities in programs and activities that receive federal financial assistance from the United States Department of Education, including Title Grants funds. Eligible students receive a free and appropriate public education through a 504 Plan that is designed to prevent discrimination and thus allow access to an education that is comparable to that provided to students without disabilities. Staff may also have a 504 Plan if they qualify as disabled under the law.
- Section 504 Plan Manual
- Staff Responsibility Memo
The following Regulatory Links, along with the Helpful Links section to the right, will serve as the primary resources for our families of students with disabilities. If you come across a helpful link or resource that isn't included, please feel free to let us know.
- Best Practices in Early Childhood Transition
- Disability Definitions & Related Links
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) Process, Forms & Notices
- Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education - Special Education
- Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Laws & Regulations
- Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Notice of Procedural Safeguards