SCHOOL BUILDING ADMINISTRATIVE COVERAGE
The school committee expects each school building to be properly supervised at all times. In the event that a school building is not occupied by a school administrator, the following protocol will be followed.
For those buildings that have one school administrator:
- The building principal will designate a staff member as an emergency contact in the event that a decision of some type that cannot be delayed needs to be made.
- When abuilding principal is absent, a peer administrator shouldbe contacted duringemergencies. For example, the H.M. Sauter principal might call the Prospect School principal.
For those buildings that have two or more administrators:
- Every effort will be made to have one administrator in the building during the school day.
- If both administrators are absent, follow the procedures for buildings with one administrator.
- During vacation or summer periods, an attempt to stagger administrators’ vacations.
[Adopted: June 9, 1997]
[Revised: June 2002]