GARDNER PUBLIC SCHOOLS
WEBSITE AND LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Gardner Public Schools maintains district and school websites providing our community with access to up-to-date and relevant information regarding Gardner Public Schools. The primary purpose of the district and school websites is to provide public information.
We also maintain online Learning Management Systems (LMS) for all grade levels, which provide each teacher a secure web presence at the classroom level. Our primary intent for the LMS’s is to foster and strengthen our communication and connection regarding learning among students, parents, teachers, and administrators. The LMS’ provide a teacher directed environment offering educational resources and communication vehicles specific to course content and curriculum. LMS capabilities include posting educational websites and documents, uploading grades for students and parents to view, creating discussion boards for students to discuss educational content, and much more.
Both the websites and the learning management systems may also serve as an opportunity to showcase learning. This may include posting information and pictures regarding classroom activities, student work, and student accomplishments.
In all cases, the websites and learning management systems will be used for educational purposes only. In addition, publishing to these resources will adhere to the following content and quality standards:
- All information published must accurately reflect the mission, goals, policies, program, and activities of the course, school, district, or community.
- All information published must include appropriate copyright citations.
- All work will be free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- Only complete pages will be available for public viewing.
- Student and parent consent must be secured for publication of student information.
- No confidential student information will be published. For students, only first name, last initial, grade level, educational works, and pictures may be published with student and parent consent.
- Publishing of personal webpages is prohibited.
The webmaster will be responsible for maintaining the official district web page and monitoring all district web page activity. Each building principal is responsible for his/her respective website content. Teachers are responsible for publishing and monitoring their courses within the learning management systems.
[Adopted: December, 9, 2013 - /Replaces IJNDC & IJNDC-R)