INTRA-DISTRICT SCHOOL CHOICE
It is the policy of the Gardner School Committee that the Superintendent establishes elementary school districts and to have children attend the elementary school in the district in which they reside. Requests for transfer may be granted for the following reasons:
1. Applications for intra-district school choice will be accepted at the office of the Superintendent of Schools.
2. Students shall be selected on a first come, first served basis. Gardner Public Schools shall accept applications for entry into the intra-district school choice program throughout the year.
3. Gardner Public Schools shall not discriminate in the admission of any child.
4. Gardner Public Schools is committed to quality education in a small classroom setting. Therefore, each principal will be asked to review his/her class sizes at the time a student applies for school choice. Students will be approved in grades 1-3 if acceptance does not increase the applicable class size beyond 25.
5. Children of the members of the Gardner Education Association (teachers) will be given priority.
Parents will be responsible for the transportation of students attending schools outside their attendance area.
[Adopted: September 2009]