It is the policy of this school district to admit non-resident students under the terms and conditions of the Interdistrict School Choice Law (M.G.L. 76:12B) and under the following local conditions:
- That by May 1 of every school year, the administration will determine the number of spaces in each school available to choice students.
- That by June 1 of every school year, if consideration is being given to withdraw from the provisions of the choice law, a public meeting will be held to review this decision.
- That resident students be given priority placement in any classes or programs within the district.
- That the selection of non-resident students for admission when the number of requests exceed the number of available spaces be in the form of a random drawing. There will be two drawings for this purpose. The first will take place during the last week of the current school year but no later than July 1st. The second will be conducted during the week immediately preceding the opening of the next school year and will be based on the possibility of unexpected additional openings.
- Any student who is accepted for admission under the provisions of this policy is entitled to remain in the district until graduation from high school except if there is a lack of funding of the program.
- The School Committee affirms its position that it shall not discriminate in the admission of any child on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or age.
[Revised: April 2003]
[Revised: March 11, 2013]
[Revised: April 2017]
M.G.L. 71:6; 71:6A; 76:6; 76:12; 76:12B
BESE Regulations 603 CMR 26.00