Curbside Trash & Recycling
New residents: Please contact the Health Department to set up trash and recycling service if you do not have a set of trash & recycling toters on the property. Please contact the Water & Sewer Department at 978-630-8195 for billing related issues.
Curbside Trash Pickup Toter Tips:
- All toters need to be placed curbside by 7am on your collection day.
- Place your cart a the curb for collection with the arrow on the lid pointing towards the street.
- Do not overload the cart*. Any trash or recycle toters that are overstuffed in any manner will not be emptied. Lids must be completely closed.
- Keep the cart lid closed when your toter is not in use.
- Do not store your cart near a furnace, fireplace, grill, or other heat source.
- Clean your cart out periodically with water. Afterwards, be sure to empty all water from the bottom of the container and allow to dry.
What To Do with Excess Trash:
Pay as You Throw Yellow Bags
Additional Curbside Trash Service
Property owners can also subscribe to an additional recycling service (another 64 or 96 gallon barrel, every other week pick up and disposal of contents) for an additional $6 per quarter. Charges are added to the property water/sewer/trash bill.
Gardner does not offer curbside bulk refuse removal, please see the Transfer Station page for information about bulk item disposal.
ATTENTION: NEW # FOR MISSED SERVICE!
**Report Missed Trash or Recycling
Please call E. L. Harvey Call Center directly to report any missed trash, recycling or yard waste at 1-800-321-3002. Missed services need to be reported within 24 hours of your scheduled pickup day. You can also report your missed items online here: Missed Pickup Report
For broken or missing trash & recycling toters, or to make changes to your curbside services, please call the Gardner Health Department at 978-630-4013.
Trash & Recycling Calendar
Curbside Pickup Trash & Recycling Calendar
2021 Yard Waste
April 7th will start the new year of yard waste pick up curbside. Yard waste is picked up the first full week of each month during the months of April -October. In November there are two weeks of yard waste pickup, the first full week and the third week of the month.
- April 6-9
- May 4-7
- June 1-4
- July 6-9
- August 3-6
- September 7-10
- October 5-8
- November 2-5 and 16-19
- January 4-7 (Christmas Tree Pickup)
- April 5-8, 2022
- May 3-6, 2022
- June 7-10, 2022