EXCLUSIONS AND EXEMPTIONS FROM SCHOOL ATTENDANCE
Denial of Admission
Denial of admission means the withholding of the privilege of enrolling in a school of the District.
The following shall be the grounds for denial of admission to school or diversion to an appropriate alternative program:
- Graduation from the twelfth grade of any school or receipt of any document evidencing completion of the equivalent of a secondary curriculum;
- Failure to meet the requirements of age, by a student who has reached the age of six years at a time after the beginning of the school year, as fixed by the school committee as provided in Massachusetts General Laws;
- Having been expelled from a school in this district or any district in the Commonwealth;
- Not being a resident of the District and the District has opted not to participate in the School Choice Law;
- Failure to comply with the provisions of the Massachusetts School Entry Immunization Law.
[Revised: October 2000]
[Reviewed: May 2003]
M.G.L. 71:37H; 76:12; 76:12A; 76:12B
603 CMR 26:00
JBB, Entrance Age